Thursday 20 August 2009

Me and my boy

Since coming back from holiday, Cara and I have made it a daily task to walk the dog. I know it's awful, but when we are at work - and especially in the winter - there are times when he doesn't get a walk, or at best, a short pop round the block (he is never on his own though - he gets dropped to H's parents on a daily basis and then collected each afternoon!). Anway, we follow the same route each day and he gets a 50 minute and 2 mile walk in that time.

Today, because I went into work early, his walk had to wait till this evening. When H got home, Cara was playing out the front, so it was just me and my boy. I can't remember the last time it was just the two of us! It started off fine - especially not having to push Cara in the pushchair up the big hill we start off on. After a while though, I got bored! How bizarre! Normally Cara and I chatter away to each other. We might sing or play eye spy or just have a little chat, but tonight none of that. I certainly wasn't expecting to feel that way and it kind of took me by surprise a little.

Another thing that surprised me is that by not pushing the pushchair, we completed the walk 10-15 minutes quicker than what we normally do. Proves my pickle is a lump!! Bless her.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for wanting to take part in Red hearts for BHF.

    Lots of love LissyLou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, i have just recieved your gorgeous heart package. I am still amazed at the help that i am having for this wonderful cause...proving that bloggers are such lovely people xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete