Saturday 28 March 2009

Lovely day and parenting tip #1

It has been a lovely day. We haven't done anything out of the ordinary, but H had the day off work and has been home!

He took Cara swimming and then I went to my most favourite fabric shop in the whole wide ever and treated myself a little (or rather a lot...oops!)

I bought a metre of each of these (the Michael Miller Disco Dots and Sandi Henderson Farmer's Market are two of my all time favourite fabrics and I kept worrying that the shop would sell out - infact the lady only got the Farmer's Market back in stock yesterday after - and she said that she is unable to get the orange one anymore *sob*.... ....as well as a fat quarter of each of these....
....and then these gorgeous little fabric letters....

When I got home I finished off a little sewing project I've been thinking about for a while, but have only just round to doing. I'm really pleased with it although Cara keeps asking if it is for the dog rather than her! All we need now is some sun to go with it.


Parenting tip #1
Invest in waterproofs. It has been raining off and on all day, but this afternoon, when it cleared for a bit, we donned welly's and waterproofs and headed for the park. It didn't matter that is was wet and much fun was had jumping in puddles, sliding down the slide (rather fast thanks to the water!) and going on the swings. Not a wet bottom in sight. I'm hopig it has helped wear her out a little bit more, ready for an early'ish bedtime (although we mustn't forget that the clocks go forward tomorrow morning. Roll on summer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment